I am a die-hard fan of arabic makeup. A couple years ago, every other post on my blog would be arabic makeup tutorial (check some of them here and here). I do this kind of makeup mostly for special occasions. But, BUT those special occasions might be different from yours! Special occasion – I am in an extremely good mood and planning to go out somewhere tonight; another special occasion – I just want something more dramatic for my today’s makeup; special occasion – it’s actually some sort of an event which I have to attend. Pretty much, I love arabic makeup so much that I look for an excuse all the time (which are the “special occasions” mentioned previously) to wear it more often :))
If it’s applied properly, you will get that sexy and sultry look. Dramatic wing, glitter, deep eyeshadows, long lashes, full brows, bold lip color.
My favorite part of an arabic makeup is the liner. Sometimes, I would just do that liner without and eye shadows.
For this post look, I went for a glitter arabic makeup and bold lips. I am planning to do more of these looks, cause I really miss those times…
Let me list a few crucial steps on HOW TO APPLY ARABIC MAKEUP:
- For such a dramatic look make sure you have a perfect canvas! Conceal and cover up your dark circles and any other imperfections you may have. Use a combination of a corrector and concealer if needed. After that apply a medium to full coverage foundation. Be careful to not end up looking cakey.
- Use different textures eye products. Use glitters, shimmer and matte eye shadows. Golds and reds are the most popular color schemes for arabic makeup. It can be either one or another or a combination of both.
- Apply a dark kohl eye pencil on the waterline. And this is not optional. You can’t skip this :)
- Definitely a bold and dramatic double wing! Take a look at my photos how it’s done. You have to apply eyeliner to your bottom lash line too. That’s what actually sets apart this type of makeup. The eye liner!
- Apply false eye lashes! This look calls for long and full lashes. Or in case you have long lashes, just apply a few extra layers than you usually do. Also, do your eyebrows a little bit more dramatic too.
- Last and not least, bold lips. Go out of your comfort zone. Try and apply a berry red color or a ruby red! Anything red that is not too bright, but rather deep. Nude lips will look good too, but for that real arabic makeup go for bold lips :)