My April bag is here!
Unfortunately, I had to cancel my ipsy membership. This is my last bag and I am not sure if I am gonna subscribe again… I am in the middle of moving to FLORIDA and I am not gonna have a permanent address for a couple of months :)
But that nothing to do with my today’s post, so let’s get straight to the point.
For April ipsy chose bohemian style for their makeup bag. I think it is pretty, I am just afraid it’s not gonna last me for very long :)
And I’ve got another blush, another couple of lip products, an eye shadow and hair oil. Thanks to ipsy I don’t think I will repurchase myself another blush any time soon.
1. Hikari blush in Tango – full size blush; .21 oz / 6g. The color is pretty, a warm pink with a touch of peachy hue in it (in my photos it looks definitely cooler). It is pigmented, applies beautifully and stays in place for the whole day.
2. the Balm Fit e/s from the Nude Dude palette – this is a mini e/s. You get 0.035oz. / 1g . I’d say the quantity is just right because most probably you already have a color like this one in your collection. It is a shimmery bronze color with some very fine glitter in it. Applies smoothly, blends easily. It looks really lovely under artificial light. I love the packaging of this sample though, very cute and girly. But the color is disappointing for me, I have too many of these already.
3. All Natural Tinted Lip & Cheek Balm in Mullein & Sparrow – this one is definitely just a lip balm. It has no color whatsoever. Even if it looks so dark in the packaging, it is absolutely transparent once you apply it on the lips. A lot of the girls were complaining about its smell. I will say that I actually like the smell but I hate the taste of it :) When I smell it, it reminds me of some chocolate candies with tart cherries and liquor filling :) Ones of my faves back home. I love a little bit more waxy lip balms, this one was not moisturizing enough, felt like vaseline on my lips.
4. Starlooks Lipgloss in Cuddle – it’s a mini version. The smell is mind blowing for me! Smells like cream cheese danish and that is my absolutely favorite pastry. The color is just not me at all. Kinda dusty rose with a bronze hue and golden shimmer. I didn’t like it on me. It is not a super pigmented lip gloss. It didn’t feel sticky. I will try to use it some time on top of a lipstick, maybe I will like it more.
5. Theory Argan Oil Ultimate Reform Hair Serum – pretty good amount for a sample, .34 fl.oz / 10ml. I liked the smell of it, not too overwhelming, not too perfumy… So delightful and luxurious smell. In terms of quality, it worked for me just as good as many other oils would. I used it as a mask before washing my hair and I liked it. My hair wasn’t greasy after that, it wasn’t heavy… It gives you shine and silkiness. But didn’t notice anything that would WOW me.
This month ipsy bag wasn’t bad, but to me it feels like I’ve already seen all these, do you know what I mean? I am getting same type of products the difference being the brand. I am not sure I will subscribe to ipsy again due to my circumstances and due to the fact that I am getting upset receiving somewhat repetitive items in my monthly ipsy bag.
[question]Tell me about your ipsy experience? Are you fully content with them?[/question]