Finally I’ve got my hands on my first ever subscription makeup box. It’s from Ipsy. I was waiting for a response from Ipsy for more than 4-5 months. And finally at the end of the 2014 I got an email where I was informed that soon I am gonna get my first beauty box.
In case you’re not familiar with Ipsy, it is a monthly subscription beauty box. For only $10 (free shipping) you get a new makeup bag with 5 beauty products in it. Some of the products are full size some of them samples. I’d say it is one of the most affordable subscription out there.
So, let’s take a look what I got:
1. (Malin + Goetz) mojito lip balm – it’s almost a full size product. You get a 7g one in your box and the full size has 10g. As to the lip balm itself I liked it a lot. As much as I love Carmex for my lips, I have to admit I liked this one more. It is so nourishing, so thick… No smell detected. I do believe this one can do wonders on very dry and chopped lips in a day.
2. Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream – an eye cream is a must have for my dry under eye area… I was pleasantly surprised to get this cream in my january Ipsy box. It is very lightweight. Absorbs very quickly with no residue behind it. This little tube has 15g of cream, and that;s like the regular amount of product for an eye cream. I am not sure if it is a deluxe sample or a full size product though.
3. Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush – it is a synthetic brush. It is very well packed with fibers and very soft. I like using it to diffuse my eye shadows in the crease. And that pink color…uggg….it’s everything.
4. Bellapierre Cosmetics loose eye shadow in Exite – very pretty and shimmery loose eye shadow. The color I got is white with tons of sky blue and pink specks in it. It has 2.5g and I assume it is a full size product. It can look more silverish sometimes, it depends on the lighting. I love to use it in my inner corner.
5. Pacifica eye shadow in Treasure – it’s 100% vegan, cruelty free, no parabens, petroleum or Fd & C color. I know a lot of subscribers were disappointed by this eye shadow, being more precise by its color. But I liked it, I really did. It is a very pretty bronze color, not too orange or red, It is silky, smooth and very buildable, and by that I mean you can make it as sheer or opaque as you’d like it to be. Definitely gonna use it in my looks. And by the way it is a full size eye shadow.
I hope my February box is gonna be as good as this one or better :) I do consider the January Ipsy Box was a hit for me. I liked all the products. Can’t wait to receive my next box from Ipsy.
See you all in my next post!