I am late with this March Ipsy Bag review but I am still gonna post it :)
The bag is very spring like. Flower Power is march ipsy theme. I was expecting something more bright colorful and bright then usual.
What I got:
1. Pur-lisse gentle soy milk cleanser and makeup remover – it’s a pretty good size sample 1 oz. / 30ml. I’ve already emptied this little tube. It’s an ok product. It is very gentle, would be perfect for sensitive skin. But I wouldn’t say it performs that good as a makeup remover. My foundation wasn’t completely gone off my skin… As a cleanser I liked it more.
2. Crown Brush AC012 Shadow/Crease Duet – I’ll be honest with you, can’t say that I was over the top excited about this one item… I have a little collection already of these duo brushes, so adding another one to it, was a bit dissapointing for me.
Also, the blending brush end is a bit too dense and fluffy for my liking and my lids. Most probably I am gonna use it to apply my under eye concealer.
3. 3 in 1 Revolution Light toner serum and moisturizer in one – it has a very good list of ingredients, but it didn’t give me enough moisture. I needed to apply my regular moisturizer after a while because my skin would feel kinda tight. It is reccomended for normal and oily skin, I have combo and didn’t really work for me as a moisturizer.
4. Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Duo Apricot Glow – love the color combo! I used them quite a bit in the past 2 weeks. The pigmentation is good, I didn’t have much of a fall out. I used in in combination with my eye shadow primer and didn’t experience any troubles.
5. NYX Butter lipstick in Little Sussie – this one was supposed to be the jewel in the crown. I was so happy when I found out that I’m gonna get in this ipsy bag a full size NYX lipstick cause I didn’t try one before. But I was dissapointed unfortunately. You really have to apply so many layers of lipstick to get it as opaque as you see it in the swatch above. And I am not a fan of this kind of finish and formula. If you like sheer formula lipsticks, you will like this one. The color is pretty, just not my cup of tea formula and finish wise.
March Ipsy Bag was dissapointing for most of its part. I would expect more color! Some green or purple eye shadow, some crazy color lipstick… I don’t know, it’s that perfect time of the year when we can go a little overboard and experiment with new colors and textures.
What did you get in your Ipsy Bag in March? Did you like it? Tell me about your experience ;)
See you soon ;)