My MAC eyeshadow collection is not that impressive at the moment. But hey, we all have to start somewhere, right? :) I didn’t have any of the MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans until they recently dropped their prices. If you still did not hear anything about this, MAC lowered their prices on the single eyeshadows from $10 to $6. That’s when I started building my MAC eyeshadow collection little by little.
I have a total of 12 MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans and it is a mix of neutral and loud colors. I store them in a glittery palette that I ordered from TKB, I am not really fond of it and probably will get one from MAC. But it is what it is for right now :)
MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans Description:
Price: $6 || Net Wt: 1.3 g / 0.04 US oz to 1.5 g / 0.05 US oz (varies from color to color)
Highly pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well. Can be used wet or dry. Available in a wide variety of textures and finishes. Create a customized palette of shades by fitting into any Pro Palette Eye Shadow / Concealer Insert for easy storage and transport.
- Dermatologist tested
- Ophthalmologist tested
- Safe for contact lens wearers
- Can be used wet or dry
My take on it
I am obsessed with MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans formula. Not powdery, not chalky, not too dry. I do not get any fallout at all. Very smooth and even application.
A+++ from me. So far I love all my MAC eyeshadows. I don’t have to reapply my color multiple times to get the opacity I need. At the same time they blend well. No patchiness. No fallout.
They last on my lids through the day with no creasing or fading. No creasing or fading. The colors are vibrant up until I take my makeup off.
MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans come in a variety of finishes. And when you just start building your collection, this might be challenging. That’s why I thought I will do some research and make a breakdown on all MAC permanent eyeshadows finishes. Thanks to Lauren C. (former MAC artist) this could actually happen. She did such a great job on bringing light into this confusion. And here we have the MAC eyeshadows finishes cheat sheet!
- Frost – Very Shimmery in finish. Colors range from barely frosted to highly frosted. Contains very small bits of mica to deliver shine. Goes on very smooth.
- Lustre – Has a lot of glitter chunks in it (large bits of mica). Typically does not go on smoothly.
- Matte – No shine, no mica. Provides a rich, saturated color without shine in an even, easy to blend, long lasting formula. Goes on smooth(usually).
- Matte² – No shine, no mica. Buttery texture with amazing payoff. They are considered the improved version of regular Matte e/s. You might experience difficulty blending them due to highly concentrated pigment.
- Satin – Delivers a smooth, high color payoff with a very subtle light-reflective sheen.
- Velvet – Has the smoothest texture and delivers high intensity color and a soft velvety finish. Has sheen to it.
- Veluxe – Matte in finish, but go on silky smooth. A little easier to work with than a normal matte.
- Veluxe Pearl – Frosty in finish, goes on buttery smooth.
It’s about time to show you the swatches and a little description on each shade.
Neutral MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans swatches:
MAC VANILLA (VELVET)
– warm ivory packed with peachy pink reflects. Great browbone color or just all over the lid.
MAC DAZZLELIGHT (VELUXE PEARL)
– neutral shimmery eyeshadow. The sheen is definitely stronger on smoother areas. It makes a beautiful browbone highlight. Also, I use it for my inner corners. Didn’t like it too much on the mobile lid, not the perfect canvas I guess. Plus my skin is light and there is not enough contrast to make this color really pop up. Maybe I could apply it as a sheen on top of other eyeshadows? I might try that.
MAC NAKED LUNCH (FROST)
– gorgeous muted pink with shimmer. The sheen is definitely stronger than MAC Dazzlelight. Applies very smooth. I also like to apply it with a damp brush to make it shine like a diamond!
MAC HAUX (SATIN)
– this is one of my favorite crease color. Dusty rose brown… Ugh, can’t get enough of it. It reminds me a lot of Urban Decay Nooner e/s from the Naked 3 palette, which used to be my must have eyeshadow. A staple color in my MAC eyeshadow collection.
MAC SWISS CHOCOLATE (MATTE)
– muted reddish brown. I like such colors and have a lot of them in my eyeshadow collection. This is another crease color for me, when I am not in the mood for mauves :)
MAC EMBARK (MATTE)
– deep reddish brown. Be careful with this one. Apply it gradually, or you will make a mess. Very pigmented and intense.
Bright MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans swatches:
MAC AQUA (MATTE)
– Pastel grey aqua, isn’t it purty??? I apply it on top of a white base to intensify its brightness. It doesn’t apply as smooth as my other mattes, but not too bad overall.
MAC SOUR LEMON (SATIN)
– acid, right in your face yellow. I like it because it’s not a flat yellow, it has some green in it too. Usually I apply it all over my mobile lid and in my crease it can be anything. Really, it looks good with everything I tried to pare it with so far :)
MAC LIME (MATTE)
– bright lime green. Performs very well on my mobile lid as well as in the crease. Looks good paired with greens and purples!
MAC KELLY (SATIN)
– bright green, cool toned. Works well for smokeys, colorful and artistic looks, photoshoots …
MAC BOTTLE GREEN (MATTE)
– deep deep green. At first I was scared it will end up looking black, but actually no. It is a truly deep green. Slays any smokey eye look or when you want to add some dimension in your crease. Can be difficult to blend if not used with a light hand.
MAC FIG.1 (MATTE ²)
– beautiful deep eggplant purple. Unfortunately it was discontinued. Gorgeous eyeshadow all over. Pigmentation is great and it applies evenly.
MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans. Final Thoughts.
Without a doubt I would highly recommend checking MAC Eyeshadows. Their prices are pretty affordable. The colors are all rich in pigment and long lasting. The variety of colors and finishes is another wow factor for me. My MAC eyeshadow collection will be growing significantly in the upcoming year!
You already have any MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans? Are you planning on building your MAC eyeshadow collection ? I would love to hear more from you guys!
Pinterest worthy photo as usual, my friends;)