Along with my Maybelline Master Fix Setting+Perfecting Powder, I have ordered a brow product – Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon. Not that I would need anything for my brows at the moment, but the word “pommade” just blurred out my mind.
And since I dyed my hair auburn red, I thought that the shade 265 Auburn would be a great pick for me.
The Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon is available in a total of 4 colors: Blonde, Soft Brown, Deep Brown and Auburn.
The idea is pretty cool. A brow pomade in form of a pencil. It is automatic by the way. So you don’t have to worry about sharpening it.
Even though it is a chubby pencil, you’re not getting that much product – 0.04 oz./1.1 g. It has no more product than your regular eye or lip pencil. The price tag for the Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon is unexpectedly high IMO, $9.99 at ULTA (that’s where I got it from). Looks like the drugstore brands are rising their prices with every new launch.
Let’s get into details now.
Master the perfect brow in one easy sweep with our first brow pomade crayon
Sculpts and tames as it colors
Available in four blendable shades
Why You’ll Love It
Pigmented formula and creamy texture combine to help create bold and beautiful brows.
For Best Results
Step 1. Glide the tip from the inner brow to the brow tail.
Step 2. Repeat until desired look is achieved.
Alright… Now I will list everything I think of Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon. We’ll see if it matches their promises.
- This pencil is not gonna replace your brow gel. It just doesn’t work that well.
- Not a very large array of shades to choose from, but at the same time a lot of other brands are guilty of that too.
- It has a very soft texture. It leans more towards being waxy than creamy.
- Since it is so soft, it blends well.
- Doesn’t apply even on the skin. I put a lot of effort to extend my eyebrow tail with the Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon. I was never happy with the outcome.
- Pigmentation is good, if only it would have a different texture… Like being less waxy and creamy.
- Lasting power is average. I notice some fading after 4-5 hrs. I can make it last longer if applying powder on top of it.
- If you have thin eyebrows, just totally skip this product. The tip of this pomade is quite thick.
Pretty inaccurate description of the product on the Maybelline official site. I would definitely love to see a drier texture for these pencils. That is my biggest issue with it.
You may like it if you have good, thick brows and all you need is just a little bit more definition. But if you have a lot to fill in and to actually draw your eyebrow shape, then you will hate the Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon.
How am I using it? I just lightly glide it on top of my previously applied eyebrow powder, to add some warmth and make my eyebrows look more natural, less powdery that’s what I mean :)
I don’t enjoy it at all. That’s why I just use it somehow until I’m gonna get sick of it and just throw it away.
Also, the shade Auburn definitely is not auburn enough for me.
I don’t know, it’s more like a warm brown. The red hue is not as prominent as I’d expect it to be.
As I look at this swatch photo, I can tell you that it applied a lot better on my hand than on my eyebrows.
I will not repurchase the Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon, also can’t recommend it either.
Thanks for stopping by! See you in my next post ;)