Finally Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons is out!!! And I already have it. And I swatched it. And I just LOVE this palette.
This was a very sweet gift to myself. My birthday is on December 9th and the palette itself launched on December 8th.
I was watching so many sneak peeks and teasers of this Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette… I really liked what’s inside but I didn’t like the packaging. I am still not a fan of it :) To me, this cotton pink heart shaped theme is childish and definitely makes it look cheap. But that is only my opinion. I do not have any intend to offend anybody, in case you really enjoy this kind of design and color scheme :)
I have 3 Too Faced palettes, besides the new one: the Bon Bons palette, Smokey eye palette, Chocolate Bar palette (the original). I must say that this one Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons is my favorite one.
If you have neutral to cool undertone you will love these eyeshadows. They are rosy toned.
As you can see it is more of an everyday palette. But you definitely can create some beautiful dramatic looks.
Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons will surprise you with plenty of matte shades. Some incredible transition shades. Especially if you have light/medium skin tone you will scream of happiness! Doesn’t happen too often when you get 3-4 good matte shades as your transition colors in a palette. You will also get some stunning satin shades.
I will quickly list a couple things which you may wanna know before you get it though:
- It is not travel friendly. Just like the other Chocolate bar palettes it doesn’t close safely. I really think once you throw it in your purse, just say goodbye to your palette…
- It doesn’t come with a brush as most of the other high-end palettes do.
- It has a strong vanilla chocolate smell :) If you don’t like that smell, the chances are you’re not gonna enjoy using this palette.
- If you’re planning using that mirror, it’s not gonna be that easy. It just doesn’t stay in place… It needs some support. This is kinda annoying for me cause I use those mirrors when applying my eye makeup.
- I feel that most of the colors will not suit deeper skin tones. I may be wrong.
- There is no black. I would definitely love this palette even more with a pigmented, matte black inside. Not that I wouldn’t have a bunch of black e/s in other palettes already, but a lot of times I just want to have one palette on my desk, which would fulfill all my needs :)
Now, let’s get back to our review, shall we? :)
You get 16 eyeshadows. 7 matte, 7 shimmers and satins and 2 glittery shimmers :) But those matte e/s are so pretty. I love how they are not flat matte but have some micro glitter in them. Very pretty. The shimmers are incredible soft and buttery. The glittery shimmers of course may cause some fall out if you’re not gonna be careful enough; make sure to tap off your brush any excess and you’re not gonna get those panda eyes and glitter all over your face.
There is a fuchsia pink color which a lot are afraid of. Don’t be. I will make some looks pairing it with some purples, burgundy… And you’ll see that it can look pretty on your lids :)
I see myself using the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette very often. Probably it is my new go-to neutral palette.
All the eyeshadows apply smoothly. Blend easily. Decent pigmentation.
Comparing them to the ones from the Chocolate palette, I would say these are a lot smoother. They feel more buttery and silky. I can’t blame any of the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons e/s of being dry, while I had this issue with the original palette.
Of course I have some swatches for you. That’s the best part, right? :)
You see what I mean now?!
SPLENDID is the word :)
The only color that is my less favorite is Cotton Candy. I just don’t like icy pink eyeshadows, doesn’t look flattering IMO.
Earl Grey e/s is a very unique shade- it is a gun metal that shifts green. Can’t wait to use it in some looks.
I will not describe each shade individually, they are all fascinating in terms of pigmentation, blendability, lasting power…
This palette retails for $49. Hefty price tag but so worth it.
If you’re not a fan of the packaging, but the color selection is right up your alley, GET IT! I promise you will not regret buying the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette.
I will see you in my next post. Until then, make sure to leave me some comments with your opinions or requests.